Are you looking to take the next step and build your brand? If so, then there is no better way to do so than to start reading Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson. In the book, you’ll learn how building your personal brand can ultimately benefit your business. You will also see how you can cultivate a loyal following who not only listens to you, but more importantly purchase your products or your recommendations. This is a very important skill in this era of “influencers”. Read on and find out why I think Expert Secrets is the next must-read for any serious entrepreneur.
Difference between Expert Secrets and DotCom Secrets
Those who have heard about Russell Brunson would probably have an idea about his first book, DotCom Secrets. Although the books are somewhat related, they do differ in a major way. DotCom Secrets, as the name implies, is a complete guide on how to run your online business. It deals primarily with determining your target demographic, finding and attracting them to you, and finally effectively communicating with them to make them purchase your product or service.
In Expert Secrets meanwhile, Russell gives a more generalist view than his first book. This book is a guide on creating a business from scratch, or rather creating an expert business, which is an endeavor based on your special skill sets or knowledge and using the same to build a profitable product or service. It is important to note that the book is not only for new businesses but also for existing ones as well. In fact, the book is even more crucial for non-expert business as it outlines a path to creating information products that can be used in growing your existing company (such as utilizing ClickFunnels).
What is Expert Secrets?
Robert Kiyosaki, the creator of the Rich Dad Company, wrote in the forward to the Expert Secrets book said,
“Expert Secrets is the map that will allow you to turn your specialized knowledge, talents, and abilities into a business that will work for you! This is one of the shortcuts of the new rich.”
One of the best tools you’ll ever come across for your business, whatever business it is, is the book Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson.
Expert Secrets is a step-by-step plan to help you get from where you are now to where you want to go in your business.
Many who read the title of this book assume it is for someone who is an expert, and you may be thinking that’s not you.
But one of the great things about this book is how it teaches you that you are already an expert. It shows you how to take your own expertise and develop it in the right way to be able to help other people.
This book examines key topics related to marketing an online business successfully. The core concept Russell discusses is “attracting your target audience to your value ladder”. This advice teaches you how to convince your target audience the product or service you are offering is exactly what they need.
This book also presents proven strategies for achieving this by showing real-life examples, demonstrating how to bridge the gap between time, effort and money spent on adverts and successful sales campaigns. Let’s go deeper into the Expert Secrets Review.
What is inside Expert Secrets Book?
The book “Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Creating a Mass Movement of People Who Will Pay for Your Advice, Reviews” consists of 5 different sections, with a total of 22 expert secrets. The first four sections of the book set its foundation. Here is an in-depth review of each of the 4 sections in my Expert Secrets Review.
Creating Your Mass Movement
The first section covers three important things: The charismatic leader, the cause and the new opportunity.
- The Charismatic Leader: Brunson writes how you can become a good leader, the steps you should take and questions you need to ask yourself. He goes on to let you know you may not be a born leader, but you can become one by following some simple but critical rules. Brunson also teaches you how to find your target audience, and determining those people who will respond best to your products. He also gives you tips on how to write a good marketing message tailored specifically for your target audience.
- The Cause: Here, Russell teaches you how to show people your new opportunity and get them to believe in your cause. He teaches how you can create true followers for yourself and your brand.
- The New Opportunity: Brunson teaches you how to present your new opportunity to your target audience and how to convince them to choose your business or brand.
The second section teaches you how to create belief and get your target audience to believe in what you are offering. The section covers the following 6 secrets of creating a belief, which includes:
- The Big Domino: This secret shows you the most important thing you need to convince your target audience to buy from you.
- The Epiphany Bridge: You will learn how to convince people to purchase from you through emotions and storytelling. Russell will also teach his secrets to get customers to understand you and your brand.
- The Hero’s Two Journey: How to build your personal brand and story people can easily relate to. You will learn how to accomplish it through storytelling.
- The Epiphany Bridge Script: Combining the Hero’s Two Journey and the Epiphany Bridge together with a script on how to implement your character and story.
- False Belief Patterns: Russell teaches you how to break your customer’s false beliefs and replace them with new beliefs via your epiphany bridge.
- The 3 Secrets: Russell introduces you to the three primary beliefs you need to break in order to make sales. He teaches you how to accomplish it via your epiphany script.
In summary, the second section is all about creating a culture behind your products. You will learn how to take your own message, help people understand it and consequently buy into your message.
Your Moral Obligation
The third section gives you the secrets of offering new opportunities to your followers. How to communicate with your readers, break barriers and have them welcome you into their world so you can teach them more about what you know.
The section has 6 secrets. Some of these core Secrets include:
- The Stack Slide: You will learn how to offer your target audience massive value and what you need to present to convince them to buy from you.
- The Perfect Webinar: This Secrets teaches you how to successfully sell your services online via a webinar and how to put the pieces together from section two to achieve this.
The other four Secrets, the Trial Closes, The Stack, Breaking and Rebuilding Patterns and One Thing are part of The Perfect Webinar but divided into sub-sections.
The fourth section is divided into five sections:
- Epiphany Product Launch Funnels
- Email Epiphany Funnels
- The Perfect Webinar Hack
- The Perfect Webinar Model
- The Four Question Close
In this section, Brunson teaches you how to create opportunities for your followers. He also teaches you how to make money by helping others make money.
This final section has one secret: Fill Your Funnel. The entire section teaches you how to maximize your funnels and earn potential once you have established followers.
Who can benefit from Expert Secrets?
The book is useful to all entrepreneurs looking to upgrade their businesses and organizations. Specifically, the book is for
(1) Those who want to earn income from information: whether by selling information products or using that information to increase their business’s visibility.
(2) Those that use software in creating sales funnels, such as ClickFunnels
(3) Those that are interested in building a loyal following and use that influence for their business’s benefit.
Where to get Expert Secrets
If the information I have provided to you makes you at all excited, you are going to love the next part. This book and all of the knowledge that it provides to you is free! All you need to do is pay for shipping and handling.
Even better, when you purchase directly from Russell’s website, you actually get an opportunity to see his 2-step free plus shipping funnel in action. This is a great introduction to how simple funnels work and you can take this understanding into the creation of your own sales funnel.
Pros and Cons of Expert Secrets
The insights, examples, and stories in Expert Secrets will benefit your business. It can help you acquire more leads for your business, sell more products.
More importantly, you can become a trusted expert with a loyal community of happy customers who are willing to follow your cause, try your new opportunities, and protect your best interest both online and offline.
That being said, there are advantages to reading this book, while others don’t think it’s all rosy.
So let’s consider the pros and cons quickly:
Expert Secrets Pros
- You get the book for FREE
- Learn how to get paid for helping people in your community.
- The knowledge in the book applies to new and existing businesses.
- Discover the right way to tell the story that sells.
- Share your message and become a thought leader.
- A step by step guide for increasing your sales
Expert Secrets Cons
- Shipping the book costs a few dollars ($7.95 in the US or 12.95 International)
- The ‘secrets’ in the book must be implemented before you can see results. It requires work hard and being smart to succeed in business. If you’re not willing to put in the time and resources, the book may be worthless for you.
Expert Secrets Frequently Asked Questions
Should You Read Expert Secrets or Dotcom Secrets First?
Many marketers have asked what book they should start reading first, Dotcom Secrets or Expert Secrets. Russell Brunson answered this question by saying that, though he wrote Dotcom Secrets first, Expert Secrets is the logical choice to start with.
Why is that?
The reason is the information in these books builds on itself. The first step in creating a successful online or offline business is to create a mass movement, a following, an audience in which you can market to.
You do this by following the step-by-step actionable plan in Expert Secrets. After you establish connections and show your expertise to the world, you should have a way to market to that audience you have created. Dotcom Secrets teaches how to build out your sales messages, tell your story and create funnels in order to do that.
So it’s recommended to read Expert Secrets first and then Dotcom Secrets.
It’s true that you can create both of these parts of your business simultaneously. But when first learning these techniques and strategies, it’s best to learn them in order.
When will the Expert Secrets books ship?
If you live in the United States, shipping takes 5-7 days. International Shipping will take 10-15 days.
Is the “Expert Secrets” book part of ClickFunnels, or is it a separate add-on product?
It’s a completely separate stand-alone product. Whether or not you use ClickFunnels, Expert Secrets is an awesome resource on its own that I highly recommend you read and implement.
Overall, I found Expert Secrets a thoroughly engaging read. It is filled with practical advice which I can’t wait to try on my own personal branding in the near future. And the book is a clear example that by having your own mass movement, an army of loyal followers, you are essentially insuring your business from the whims of Facebook or Google (or any other platforms). With Expert Secrets, you can build a community that follows your recommendations and more importantly, purchase what you want them to. And if you’re an entrepreneur or a businessman, this is more than enough reason to pick up a copy and read the entirety of Russell Brunson’s new book.